Must leave this here until the Busways custom main menu is turned into a block
IT Support Officer (Level 2)
Our employees are what make Busways work. We are always trying to bring better and better people on board to join our team.
We currently have a full time vacancy for a dynamic and motivated IT Support Officer (Level 2) at our Support Office located in Pymble. This is an amazing opportunity to join both a growing department and a growing company. The opportunity that we are offering would best suit someone who is eager to develop and progress.
Reporting directly to the IT Infrastructure and Support Manager, you will be working in a small team. Your role will be to directly support the company and its employees whilst also working on a variety of critical infrastructure projects.
The responsibilities of this position depend on both you and your strengths. It could include but is not limited to:
1. IT projects:
a. Assist or lead IT projects and improvements (from design to implementation)
b. Apply industry best practices
c. Work individually or work closely with all of the departments across Busways
2. IT support (including networks, printers, backups, databases, desktops, mobile devices applications, servers, phones, ERP)
a. Answer Level 1 and 2 support queries and escalate to Level 3 where necessary
b. Take responsibility and complete your assigned support tickets from start to finish
c. Keep Busways users updated on the progress of their tickets and ensure that any technical jargon that needs to be conveyed to the user is done using simplistic terms and is easy for users to understand the issues involved.
d. Share knowledge within the team and help to up-skill other staff in the team in both their technical and interpersonal skills
e. Although the majority of tasks are able to be completed remotely there may be times where occasional traveling is required to Sydney and Central Coast depots to deal with technical problems that cannot be fixed remotely.
3. Create and update IT documentation and registers when required
4. Work with vendor support contacts to resolve technical problems
5. Work with procurement staff to purchase necessary hardware and software
6. Proactively provide feedback on possible IT system enhancements, potential faults, outdated procedures or security risks
7. Observe and uphold all of Busways policies and procedures.
Essential Experience / Skills
- Must be a tech hungry and motivated individual
- Minimum 3 years IT support experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with Windows domain environments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, are a must
- IT Tertiary qualifications
- Certified in one or more industry recognised certifications including: CCENT, CCNA, MTA, MCSA, CompTIA (A+, Server+, Network+)
- Must have drivers licence
- Exposure to Linux, AWS, Oracle DB, Ticketing systems and
- Exposure to MS Hyper-V and Veeam backups solutions
- IT project experience
We value peoplewho:
- Have a willingness to seek and accept challenges and responsibility
- Will take the initiative to continually develop and improve their skills
- Have the ability to have positive and meaningful interactions
- Share their ideas and freely challenge people or systems
- Thinks outside the box
- Are committed for the long-term
- Who are not set in their ways and who are open to new approaches and methodologies
- Are curious with a strong desire to seek out new experiences, knowledge and receiving candid feedback
- Are driven and determined - you are proactive enough that you don't wait to be told something needs to be done or improved. You are driven enough to perform any tasks that may be out of your job description. You are willing to fight for difficult goals despite challenges and have the innate ability to bounce back from set-backs
Busways Office Life
Generally we are very flexible to people’s needs around their role and working hours. However there will be times, such are during a tender, where long hours will be required. We are looking for someone who is committed.
We are a family run company with a community feel. We are continuously growing and look forward to continuously developing with our employees. We think (at least) that it's a fun, flexible and friendly environment. Some of the staff benefits include:
1. Yoga - A relaxing yoga class once a week with a qualified teacher
2. Lunch Club - A subsidised healthy eating lunch option that includes; sandwiches, wraps, salads and fruit
3. Shuttle Bus - We currently have a number of free shuttle buses that bring staff to and from work every day from both the Central Coast region and Western Suburbs.
4. Public Transport - Both Pymble and Gordon train stations are located just 10 minutes walk away.
5. Gym - With a Gym just down the road, we have corporate discounts that are offered to all staff.
How To Apply:
Please send through a current copy of your resume and cover letter to email@example.com or alternatively for further information, please don’t hesitate to contact him on 9497 1904.
Unfortunately due to the large number of applications that we usually receive, we are unable to contact all applicants and only short-listed applicants will be notified.
Busways is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Application Closing Date:
Thu, 04/13/2017 - 19:30