Must leave this here until the Busways custom main menu is turned into a block
Diesel Mechanics - Central Coast, North Coast
What are we looking for
Our employees are what make Busways work. We are always trying to attract people with high quality traits to join our team. We currently have a vacancies for dynamic and motivated Diesel Mechanics to join our following depots: Wyong and Grafton/Yamba Depot.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing company and a friendly team environment. You will be given the opportunity to grow, develop and to take on additional responsibility.
You will be provided with all necessary training on the various makes and models of buses as well as being supplied with uniforms, boots and safety equipment.
Reporting to the Workshop Manager/Supervisor, this role requires you to have a mature and professional approach with excellent communication skills. Your main duties/responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining and performing vehicle repairs as per Company and Vehicle Manufacturer Policy and Procedures within acceptable and reasonable time frames
- Demonstrating and maintaining clean workshop practices in your day to day role and ensuring that these practices meet the high standards held by the Workshops team
- Ensuring that all maintenance and repairs are performed according to company procedures and are recorded on the designated forms and documents provided
- Maintaining and performing all workshop practices in a manner that adheres to all Workplace Health and Safety regulations
- Maintaining all Company tools and equipment to a good working order and to Busways standards, as well as reporting damaged or worn tools and equipment
- Assisting the workshop manager/supervisor with the day to day running of the workshop
The Successful Applicant should have:
- A current MVRIA license
- A trade qualification as a diesel mechanic
- Excellent communication skills
- Extensive Bus and Heavy Vehicle experience
- Permanent Residency or Australian Citizenship
- +/- 5 years Heavy Vehicle (Bus/Truck) experience
- MR/HR license
What is working for Busways like?
We are a family run company with a community feel. We are continuously growing and look forward to continuously developing with our employees. We think (at least) that it's a fun, flexible and friendly environment.
Busways Group is one of the largest private bus operators in NSW, operating route, charter and school bus services in outer-metropolitan Sydney, the Central Coast and the NSW North Coast. We are a family run business with over 70 years' experience. Today we are a strong team of approximately 1500 staff delivering quality public transport with a fleet of over 700 buses across 16 depots.
Unfortunately due to the large number of applications that we usually receive, we are unable to contact all applicants and only short-listed applicants will be notified.
Busways is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No agency applications
How To Apply:
If you are looking for a friendly and pro-active environment that will enable you to learn and progress in your career, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. If you require any further information about the role, please do not hesitate to contact him on 9497 1969.
Applications will close on 10 February 2017.