Must leave this here until the Busways custom main menu is turned into a block
Customer Service Officer
Our employees are what make Busways work and it is through them that Busways is able to provide exceptional service to our communities. We are always trying to attract people with high quality traits to join our team. We currently have two full time vacancies for dynamic and motivated Customer Service Officers to join our Support Office located in Pymble.
This position is for 40 hours a week over a 7 day roster – weekend work will be required.
What we are looking for
The core of what we are looking for is someone who is committed to developing their skills and knowledge as well as having a willingness to seek and accept challenges and responsibility. You should be:
- Willing to take responsibility and embrace opportunities to increase skills.
- Willing to get involved; with a can do, roll your sleeves up attitude
- A People's Person. You have the ability to have positive and meaningful interactions with all of the staff that you work with.
- Someone who contributes their ideas and freely challenges people or systems to try and do it better. You are able to come up with alternative avenues and suggestions to improve.
- Someone who thinks outside the box.
- Looking for long term growth and longevity.
- Someone who fits into our culture. The key aspects of our culture are;
• Adaptable – you do not get stuck in your old ways instead, you are willing to embrace change if it's for the better.
• Communication – you listen well instead of reacting fast, which enables you to better understand and process information.
• Engagement – you have a knack for using emotion and logic to communicate a persuasive vision and connect with people.
• Driven and Determined – you are proactive enough that you don't wait to be told something needs to be done or improved. You are driven enough to perform any tasks that may be out of your job description. You are willing to fight for difficult goals despite challenges and have the inept ability to bounce back from adversity.
• Curiosity – you have a strong desire to seek out new experiences, knowledge and receiving candid feedback, thus allowing an openness to learning.
• Learning – is a never ending process that occurs every single day. Allow yourself to unleash the power of learning by being able to question and research topics to increase your own knowledge.
This is an exciting opportunity to join both a growing department and a growing company. You will be given in the opportunity to grow, develop and to take on additional responsibility.
You will be working in a fast paced and energetic environment that will encourage you to be a conceptual and creative thinker within the team.
This position is primarily focused on customer complaints investigation and response. This involves using computer systems to research events and write reports. Responding to customers by phone and email is also a significant part of the job.
Complaints handling is a unique part of customer service that requires a resilient, upbeat person who is able to handle the challenging cases alongside the good ones. Our team is friendly and supportive – working together to achieve positive customer outcomes.
This opportunity would best suit an individual with a background in customer service, more specifically with experience in managing customer relationships, handling complaints and conducting investigations. Your support to the team will be imperative, along with your genuine desire to problem solve and find solutions.
We require an individual that will effectively contribute a positive and open minded approach to their work and who is willing to work as a team player to meet day-to-day tasks while striving to improve customer relations in a big picture way.
The responsibilities associated with this position could include but is not limited to:
- The daily electronic management of Busways Infoline (our customer feedback and complaints handling platform) by ensuring feedback is handled in a professional and timely manner in accordance with Busways policies, procedures and contractual requirements.
- Logging all feedback in the database system, along with completing all necessary reports as required
- Investigating complaints via Busways' internal systems and liaising with the a diverse group of people (customers, depot staff, TfNSW etc) to ensure a resolution is achieved
- Responding to customer complaints via email and phone
- Liaising with schools and depot staff and using map and calculator tools to quote and book in charters
- Assisting the team in updating information on digital platforms (Busways in-house programs, and external website if necessary)
- Participating in team meetings with an ability to think outside the box in order to propel the team forwards with setting and improving customer services goals
- Good computer skills – Microsoft Word & Excel at an intermediate level
- Mature, professional and reliable individual with a proactive approach to work
- Excellent written communication skills, capable of composing correspondence and detailed reports
- Confident phone manner, capable of managing a variety of customer interactions, more specifically, interactions with customers who are emotional and negative in nature
- Organised with a strong ability to prioritise their workload on a daily basis
- A quick learner, who is willing to learn from their mistakes and use experiences to improve the way things are done
- NSW Drivers licence
- Permanent Residency or Australian Citizenship
- At least two years' experience in a phone-based customer feedback environment
Busways Office Life
Generally we are very flexible to people's needs around their role and working hours. However there will be times, such as during a service implementation, where long hours will be required. We are looking for someone who is flexible and adaptable in their approach and that is committed to 'going the extra mile' when required.
What is working for Busways like?
We are a family run company with a community feel. We are continuously growing and look forward to continuously developing with our employees. We think that it's a fun, flexible and friendly environment. Some of the staff benefits include:
1. Yoga - A relaxing yoga class once a week with a qualified teacher
2. Lunch Club - A subsidised healthy eating lunch option that includes; sandwiches, wraps, salads and fruit
3. Shuttle Bus - We currently have a number of free shuttle buses that bring staff to and from work every day from both the Central Coast region and Western Suburbs. The ability to use this service is dependent upon the requirements of the position (working hours) and is dependent upon the needs and requirements of the department.
4. Public Transport - Both Pymble and Gordon train stations are located just 10 minutes away.
5. Gym - With a Gym just down the road, we have corporate discounts that are offered to all staff.
Busways Group is one of the largest private bus operators in NSW, operating route, charter and school bus services in outer-metropolitan Sydney, the Central Coast and the NSW North Coast. We are a family run business with over 70 years' experience. Today we are a strong team of approximately 1500 staff delivering quality public transport with a fleet of over 700 buses across 16 depots.
Unfortunately due to the large number of applications that we usually receive, we are unable to contact all applicants and only short-listed applicants will be notified.
Busways is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How To Apply:
Please send through a current copy of your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively for further information, please don’t hesitate to contact him on 9497 1969.