Must leave this here until the Busways custom main menu is turned into a block
Apprenticeship - Body Builder
What are we looking for
Our employees are what make Busways work. We are always trying to attract people with high quality traits to join our team. We currently have a vacancy for a dynamic and motivated Apprentice Body Builder to join our Blacktown and Penrith Depot.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing company and a friendly team environment. You will be given the opportunity to grow, develop and to take on additional responsibility.
You will be provided with all necessary training on the various makes and models of buses as well as being supplied with uniforms, boots and safety equipment.
The Job – Apprentice Body Builder
Reporting to the Workshop Supervisor, this role requires you to have a mature and professional approach with excellent communication skills. Your main duties/responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Under supervision, learning the skills to be part of the Workshop team
- Undertaking an RTO training program as a Body Builder
- Complete all units of the Apprenticeship to the required standards and within the required timeframe(s)
- Attend all required TAFE classes under the guidance of your supervisor and teachers
- Under supervision, carry out repairs & servicing to all company vehicles
- Follow all safe working procedures & practices designed for the work
- Undertake non trade tasks as directed by Workshop supervisor
The Successful Applicant should have:
- Completed your Higher School certificate
- Good maths, science and English skills
- A genuine interest in a mechanical career
- Excellent communication skills
- A positive 'can do' attitude
- The ability to take direction and show initiative
- A strong work ethic which means you will be reliable, punctual and honest
What is working for Busways like?
We are a family run company with a community feel. We are continuously growing and look forward to continuously developing with our employees. We think (at least) that it's a fun, flexible and friendly environment.
Busways Group is one of the largest private bus operators in NSW, operating route, charter and school bus services in outer-metropolitan Sydney, the Central Coast and the NSW North Coast. We are a family run business with over 70 years' experience. Today we are a strong team of approximately 1500 staff delivering quality public transport with a fleet of over 700 buses across 16 depots.
Unfortunately due to the large number of applications that we usually receive, we are unable to contact all applicants and only short-listed applicants will be notified.
Busways is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No agency applications
How To Apply:
If you are looking for a friendly and pro-active environment that will enable you to learn and progress in your career, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require any further information about the role, please do not hesitate to contact him on 9497 1969.