Must leave this here until the Busways custom main menu is turned into a block
Are you an enthusiastic team player with a drive to work within a fast paced and growing industry? We are currently looking for Bus Drivers to join our team across our operating regions. We are looking for individuals that enjoy meeting new people, have excellent customer service skills and are interested in a Bus Driving career!
The responsibilities associated with the role of being a Bus Driver will include but is not limited to the following:
- Driving allocated buses along specified routes as directed.
- Ensuring the care, safety and comfort of Busways’ customers.
- Keeping your supervisor informed, by the two-way radio, of any issues – such as late running or overloading, which may affect the timetabled or school service.
- Completing accident report forms, shift reports and other reports, as required.
- Reporting any damages or defects to the bus in the defect book.
- Collecting fares, issuing tickets, checking passes, recording all students carried, operating ticket machines and providing customers with the correct change.
- Accounting for all money collected and being responsible in reconciling any monies collected at the end of each day.
- Carrying out all shift duties and instructions whilst following Busways Policies and Procedures at all times
- Maintaining and wearing the uniform provided - always maintaining a neat and tidy appearance
- Valid Australian or NSW driver’s licence - minimum MR licence.
- Valid NSW Route Bus Driver Authority.
- Valid Working with Children Check (Paid Work Classification)
- Have a good driving history.
- Able to work shiftwork including broken shifts, weekends and public holidays.
- Able to perform simple mathematical calculations, read rosters, maps and timetables and follow route directions.
- Have good personal presentation.
- Experience in dealing with money.
- 2 or more years heavy vehicle driving experience
In the event that you don't have a current DA or MR licence and you believe that you would be a great candidate for this role, please apply as we have the necessary programs in place that will assist you in obtaining the necessary qualificatiolns.
How To Apply:
Download and complete an Employment Application Form and take it to your nearest depot or send it directly to our team using the contact details below.
Please ensure that prior to submitting your application that you have all of the necessary documents ready to be attached with your application such as but not limited to copies of the following:
- Driver's Licence
- NSW Driver Authority
- Working with Children Check
- Right to Work Documentation-Visa, Passport, Birth certificate etc
- RTA Driving History- no less than 4 weeks old from date of issue
Busways Recruitment Team
02 9497 1800