Must leave this here until the Busways custom main menu is turned into a block
- Drive allocated bus along specified routes as directed.
- Ensure the care, safety and comfort of Busways’ customers.
- Keep your supervisor informed, by the two-way radio, of any issues – such as late running or overloading - which may affect the timetabled or school service.
- Complete accident report forms, shift reports and other reports, as required.
- Report any damage or defect to the bus in the defect book.
- Collect fares, issue tickets, check passes, record all students carried, operate ticket machine and give correct change.
- Account for all money collected and pay-in each day.
- Work shifts and rosters as directed, carrying out all shift duties and instructions, following Busways Policies and Procedures and the Busways Drivers Manual.
- Maintain and wear uniform provided - be neat and tidy.
- Valid Australian or NSW driver’s licence - minimum MR.
- Valid NSW Route Bus Driver Authority.
- Have a good driving history.
- Able to work shiftwork including broken shifts, weekends and public holidays.
- Able to perform simple mathematical calculations, read rosters, maps and timetables and follow route directions.
- Have good personal presentation.
- Experience in dealing with money.
- Experience in bus operation.
- 2 or more years heavy vehicle driving experience.
How To Apply:
Download and complete an Employment Application Form and take it to your nearest depot or send it using the contact details below.
When you apply for a driving position, you will need your Driver’s Licence, your Driver Authority and a copy of your RTA Licence printout and attach it to your application.
To obtain your public passenger vehicle driver authority or vehicle licence, you must prove your identity according to Transport for NSW requirements.
Your local depot or Human Resources
02 9497 1800