Must leave this here until the Busways custom main menu is turned into a block
A Few Tips for Saving Fuel
09 Dec 2010
If you are concerned about how much you are spending on fuel, there are a few things you can do to save.
First of all, consider whether some of your trips can be replaced by public transport trips. Catching a bus and/or another public transport mode to work, shop or socialise is good for the environment and also saves you $. The introduction of the new MyZone fares are making regular public transport trips even cheaper!
However, you may need to make some trips by car. If so, here are a few tips that help you become an eco driver, saving emissions and fuel:
- Decelerate your acceleration - a light foot can significantly reduce your emissions and fuel consuption.
- Don't drive around endlessly looking for the perfect parlking spot. Take the first available spot, even if it's not right outside your destination.
- Empty out the boot of your car. Driving around with unnecesary weight increases your fuel consuption.
- Check your tyre pressure regulary.
- Keeping your car well serviced will allow the engine to run most efficiently.
- Get in and go. Don't run your car's engine if you are not going anywhere.